Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Need, The Want, The Sad Truth

When I'm all alone, a thousand thoughts float in head. A certain sadness just slowly envelopes me and the next thing I know, I'm once again down in the dumps.
Every heart yearns for something. Mine yearns for the simple things, and yet as simple as they can get, they're way beyond my reach.
I just want to feel the warmth of another person's body beside me. His body close enough so that I could snuggle next to him and feel a sense of security. I want to lie with him on the grass or on the roof just to watch the stars. I'll let him hold me close, and I won't care if he wont' say a word. His company is enough. That's as simple as my heart's desire can get. But it's an impossible thing to attain and there's no use hoping for such thing.
It makes me cry to think that there aren't much people who'd be worthy to be part of that dream. Anyone can watch the stars with you. But not just anyone can make you feel truly wanted, loved, and cared for. To others, this mushy request is a joke. That fact crushes my heart, and shatters it to tiny pieces. Fortunately, not to the point where they're beyond repair because this little girl has learned a few lessons along the way when it comes to dreaming and wishing. And she has used what she has learned very well.

No comments: