Saturday, March 15, 2008

Alone in a Sea of Freaks

I had an, overall, a great yet tiring March 15th. The highlight of that day was the Kamikazee concert scheduled that night at MTS, at 8pm. I was there at aroung 6:30. Yes, I was that excited. I was early, but since I was to be alone that night, I didn't claim a place closest to the stage (Dammit). Kamikazee came out at 11pm or so. MOR DJ's and these other 2 bands made us so bored and agitated somehow. We wanted Kamikazee and not those stupid games from their sponsors and those bands like Moluccas* and Isla Era*! Moluccas was such a loseriffic band. There they were, rocking on stage, and us, the audience, just stared. No headbangs, no screaming, no mosh pit effects. L-D

During Isla Era's performance, some guys stirred up a commotion, pushing here and there. Well, I was alone, right? How could I actually muster up enough confidence to push back with the same intensity? Besides, the girl who i ended up enjoying the concert with wasn't much of a party person. She was some girl who lived just around the area, near Ateneo who originally came from North Cotabato and now currently lives with her aunt.
Anyway, so even before Kamikazee went onstage, two incidents of mosh pit trouble already happened. Ugh. I was forced to leave my spot which was close to the stage since all the commotion was either infront of me or behind me. Hell, we already fell on top of each other! Fucking Lagos. So, we went to the back. I smelled cigarette smoke. Great, two girls smoking close to me and some emo lagos decked in black sitting on the floor, some also smoking. Great, I was already sweaty, sticky, and smelly (read: lago ang mga nakasurround sayo at lahat kayo ay pawis na pawis na. Dagdagan mo pa ng amoy ng yosi). I wanted to faint due to the stench around me. But, I held on. It was already past 11. I have been standing for more than 3 hours. I didn't have dinner, just heavy afternoon snacks and an Oreo Larcepuccino Grande-sized that night. Then I saw Jomal on stage. Jomal! Jomal Linao! I screamed his name right then and there. The guys infront of me, stared at me. Hell, they were all waiting for Jay Contreras. Heck, sure, I lurv Jay, but Jomal is soo cute!ü

First Song: Chiksilog. Second Song: Seksi Seksi. People we're jumping up and down during their performance. So caught-up in the moment, there I was singing, jumping, practically doing what every fan would do. It was only after Seksi Seksi that I realized that I was so sweaty, and that I was the only girl in the area who was jumping. The girl I was with didn't jump or even sing. Heck, I should have stayed in front. I realized it was embarrasing in my part to be the only girl who jumped and rocked along with those (ugh) lagos. Hell, Kamikazee just gave roughly the same performance during the Oktebeerfest and free concert that night. Same songs, same punchlines, same mockery (Hale - The Day You Said Goodnight). But still, I wasn't in the mosh pit last time. So, that's it. I just wanted to see them again, only this time, I wanted to jump and go crazy. Toink. And so, I watched Kamikazee alone. It wasn't scary since no one was perverted enough to do anything. Although, a bunch of guys behind me had this flashlight which flashes a picture of a naked girl. Other stuff happened but I won't type them here. Minor stuff.ü

It was a nice to experience something like that after 5 years (free PNE concert @ SM). But concerts aren't that fun unless you go and watch it with a friend. But, heck, it was still fun. Sana may next time ulit.

Note to self: bring a face mask or perfume. LOL. I swear, the stench can get pretty fatal.

*not sure about the spelling of the names of those bands.

No comments: