Saturday, March 8, 2008

Nothing Lasts Forever

I sit here, reflecting, reminiscing, remembering yesterday, every bit of what has been. A while ago, when everyone was inside the chapel, I couldn't help but look around and think just how much I would miss seeing all those faces. Graduation is just a few weeks away and us going our separate ways is inevitable. I couldn't help but think of all the memories each unique character within that room gave me. I sit here and remember every moment that meant so much to me... and it hit me...

When we leave these halls and take one last look at those old brick walls, I'll miss a lot...

I'll miss waiting up for my lunchmates while they dance "Gimme More", "Candyman", or Boogie...
... food overloads during Valentine lunches...
... jamming sessions in classrooms and hallways...
... loud music from the player accompanied by screaming voices...
... sneaking in the Chem lab for some food samples from Food Chem students...
... stargazing or staying up till dawn during Sci-camps...
... lazing around just about anywhere when we get bored...
... walking along every path available when lazing around gets boring...

There would be no more Foundation Day practices in the ABD...
... no more cheerdance practices at Tara's...
... no more play practices at Lian's...
... no more BAPS during afternoons...
... no more waiting up for your turn at the pingpong table (even if all you could ever get is a quick 5-minute game against the good ones)
... no more seeing people sleeping or lying down on the classroom floor...
... no more people eating their breakfast or taking their coffee in their seats...
... no more "Happy Birthdays " in the canteen...
... no more coed locker-room moments in the classroom before PE...
... no more amaoness and immaturity with batchmates...

College would be a totally different world. It would be less secure, and more challenging, more complicated. I would definitely miss high school. I would definitely miss this batch. When I think back and recall the bittersweet moments, I'm glad I entered Pisay. I'm glad I belong to this batch of 91 rather than a batch of thousands. Four years of familiar faces, four years of constant change, four years of issues and bonds...

I love you, Batch 2k8.



1 comment:

Dane said...

those moments will be forever engraved in our hearts, just as a name etched into a stone.

the name is...

*ano ba batch name??

2k8. hehehe