Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sunkissed

I'll never leave you
A promise spoken without hesitation
The moment the sun kissed the ocean
The moment he made her believe she was the one
The sun bade her goodbye and the moon gave her no direction
As the night slowly set in, bidding her to rest
And when she opened her eyes
No one was there when she called out his name


Morning finally came.




created on: 10/11/08

My favorite among the poems I've written. Done while chilling with Farrah and Mithi at Bo's Katips. This was the final addition to my portfolio in Creative Writing 10 under Carljoe Javier

1 comment:

Achilles said...

2nd and 3rd line feels disconnected...

When did she close her eyes?
I believe there was no mention of her closing her eyes to whatever... hmm... that makes the opening of her eyes a little vague... because the setting is not helping with the closing of the eyes thingy...